Typical reimbursement types include:

Supply reimbursements

UCSC's CruzBuy system offers many vendors to purchase lab equipment and supplies from, therefore paying out-of-pocket for these types of purchases is discouraged. However, certain circumstances may arise that will require you to apply for reimbursement for your purchase.

Meal reimbursements

To receive reimbursement for any UCSC business-related meals, you must retain your original, itemized receipt and provide a guest list.

Travel reimbursements

To receive reimbursement for any UCSC business-related travel expenses, you must retain your original, itemized receipts for most purchases. Click here for more information.

Reimbursement Guidelines/Questions

UCSC has strict guidelines for reimbursing purchases. Please check with your research accountant prior to making purchases to ensure remibursement or if you are unsure how to get reimbursed for a particular purchase.

For department-related expenses, such as hosting a seminar speaker or faculty recruitment candidate, please contact the department assistant (

All reimbursement types require that you have submitted a Payee 204 form to UCSC's Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) department. Many of you have probably submitted this form before, and it only needs to be done once*. If you are unsure if you have submitted this form, please contact

To have your reimbursement directly deposited into your bank account -- fill out and submit page 2 along with a Voided Check to the FAR department. You can send this via campus mail, using the mailcode: FAR.

*If you change your name, address, or banking information, you will need to re-submit the form.